The #1 tour in Israel since 2020 on TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice list of Best Tours in the Middle East.
An excellent introduction to Israel, the Holy Land and Jerusalem with an expert guide in a relaxed pace and a small group.
This tour is excellent for solo travelers, not for families with little children or people who are not fit to walk because inside Jerusalem this is a walking tour, please do not book if you are not fit.
What is different with us compared to day tours from other companies?
- We leave 2 to 3 hours later (meaning you can have breakfast in your hotel).
- We do visit the Temple Mount, the plaza with the Golden Dome of the Rock (not possible of Friday and Saturday).
- We only have small groups and will never have a guide guiding in two languages
- We do not switch buses but go directly to Jerusalem after pick up
- We do not force you to go to a souvenir shop
- We have amazing guides who are an asset and not a cost
On the way from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, your guide will tell you about the history of Israel and the Jewish people. After about an hour we arrive at the Mount of Olives where we have a magnificent view over both the Old City of Jerusalem and the real Old City; the City of David. Transportation is with minibus with maximum 18 participants.
Next we walk down the Mount of Olives and will pass the Dominus Flevit church and the hundred thousand Jewish graves towards Gethsemane, the place of the kiss of Judas, aka the Betrayal of Christ, and the fairy-like Grotto of Mary.
If we are on schedule we have a break and stop for coffee or juice at the All Nations Café.
The bus will be waiting for us and bring us back up to the Old City, which we will enter through the Dung Gate before ascending to the Temple Mount, the site of the original Jewish Temples and now the site of the Al Aksa Mosque and the iconic golden Dome of the Rock.
Through the Muslim and Christian quarter we will stop for lunch. Those who want to shop for souvenirs can do so (only) during lunch time.
Then we will follow the last 4 stations of the Via Dolorosa, aka the Way of the Cross or just "Painfull Way" to the place of the crucifixion of Jesus at Golgotha and the tomb of Jesus at the Holy Sepulcher Church.
Please note: we will NOT enter the tomb. If you want to enter the tomb, you can go to the church during lunch and wait in line, it can take hours, with no guarantee you will be able to enter the tomb before we leave.
After the Holy Sepulcher Church we continue through the Jewish quarter, passing the Roman Cardo on the way to the Western Wall, aka Wailing Wall or Kotel, the holiest place which Jewish people can visit.
Note: on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish and Muslim holidays it is NOT possible to visit the Temple Mount. We will visit Mount Zion instead, the location of the Room of the Last Supper and King David's Tomb.
Changes to the programs are possible due to security or weather conditions.
- Price: $135 per tour for about 10 hours.
- Pick up at selected stations in center of Tel Aviv, NO pick up and drop off in Jaffa (see pick up locations).
- Free transfer with carry one luggage. If you have larger pieces you need to request permission from us, if there is room in the bus to contain larger pieces of luggage, you get confirmation and you pay NIS 100 in cash to the driver per large piece of luggage.
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Israel.
- Drinks and meals are not included, at the café cash is needed, at the lunch restaurant you can pay with credit card.
- Transportation is included.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 24 hours or more before the tour starts (9.30am) you receive a 100% refund. If you cancel within 24hours, there is no refund.
What do others say about this tour to Jerusalem on Tripadvisor?
Highly recommend Really great tour! We throughly enjoyed it- perfect mix between informative and fun! Itai was a great guide and Tony was a great driver - and we can only highly recommend the Jerusalem day trip!’
Insightful It was a real pleasure to have the tour with Itamar. He patiently answered our questions and gave us real insights into what happened in Jerusalem
Heartily recommend this tour! Great way to get introduced to the old city of Jerusalem. Nadia is an excellent tour guide - knowledgeable, high energy and finds the right balance of being flexible but keeping us on time. Also an excellent communicator. The tour was excellent and a comprehensive survey that left us feeling satisfied but excited to see more next time!
Fantastic day! Jerusalem was pure magic! I am so very grateful that we were a small group and that our guide Nadia was so fantastic! She really made the day with her explanations and good humour. We all learnt so much and the day flew by. Many thanks!
Great experience The tour was exceptional and very detailed. Pickup instructions were clear and the bus was on time to the minute. Our guide Itamar was very friendly, knowledgeable and eager to answer every question. He provided a great experience with backstories and clear explanations with pictures on every part of the tour thus making the whole trip so much better. Look no further when booking a tour of the cit...read moreThe tour was exceptional and very detailed. Pickup instructions were clear and the bus was on time to the minute. Our guide Itamar was very friendly, knowledgeable and eager to answer every question. He provided a great experience with backstories and clear explanations with pictures on every part of the tour thus making the whole trip so much better. Look no further when booking a tour of the city and ask for Itamar if possible.shrink
Perfect! I booked the tour according to the reviews and it was amazing, it did not disappoint at all. Perfect start of our trip!
Kudos to our tour guide Frank!!!!!
Great day out We set out at a reasonable time from Tel Aviv and Itamar our guide was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. The tour covered the most important things in Jerusalem. The small group made it more enjoyable and easier to follow.
I would definitely recommend the boutique tour.
I will come back This was the best tour i ever had. NADIA HAS SO MUCH KNOWLEGDE! I have learned a lot. I will come back to Tel Aviv and will book the other tours that they offer.
Jerusalem tour Faboulus experience. Very ilustrative, Nadia is a wonderful guide. Little bus, not crowded. We learned a lot.