Visit the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth, Capernaum and Mount of Beatitudes
After meeting with your private guide you drive north to Nazareth, to visit The Catholic Church of the Annunciation, also known as the Basilica of the Annunciation, the most impressive and spectacular site in the city. According to Catholic tradition, this Church is placed where the house of the Virgin Mary once stood, and where angel Gabriel appeared to her and announced that she would conceive and bear the Son of God, Jesus.
We continue to the Mount of Beatitudes, a hill on the Korazim Plateau. It is where Jesus is believed to have delivered his most famous discourse, the Sermon on the Mount. From this high point you have an enchanting vista of the northern part of the Sea of Galilee and of the Golan Heights on the other side.
Within sight are the scenes of many of the events of Jesus’ ministry in Galilee, including the town of Capernaum, where Jesus made his home, which you will visit next. Here you will see a typical Galilean synagogue(Mark 1:21), the house where Jesus healed many (Matthew 8:14-16) and learn how houses from 1st cent A.D would allow a paralyzed man to be introduced from the rooftop (Luke 5:17-26).
Tabgha was a favorite spot for fishermen from nearby Capernaum, and its beach was familiar to Jesus and his disciples, but it is best known for Christ’s miraculous multiplication of loaves and fish to feed a multitude. We will visit the church with Byzantine mosaic decorations that are among the most elegantly in the Holy Land and continue after to the second church dedicated to the Primacy of Peter. The location of Jesus’ third appearance to the disciples after his Resurrection , when he tested and commissioned Peter as leader of his Church (John 21).
This tour is fully customizable, your guide will contact you soon after your booking.
Possible changes to the itinerary are:
- boat trip on the Sea of Galilee
- Nazareth Village, that reconstructs and reenacts village life in the Galilee in the time of Jesus
- The Jesus Boat in kibbutz Ginosar
- Magdala, a crossroads of Jewish and Christian History and hometown of Mary Magdalene
- Mount Precipice
- Cana, where Jesus turned water into wine, possible to renew your wedding vows
- Yardenit, baptismal site in the Jordan River
- Start: Pick from your hotel in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
- Tour is approximately 9 to 10 hours.
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide and transportation exclusive for you.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Israel.
- Entrance and parking fees are included.
- Drinks and meals are not included.
- Transportation is included.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
If bookings are full or closed you can call us on 00972 – (0)54 312 12 20 for last minute arrangements.