A private tour into the Judean Mountains and the Jordan Valley, visiting the Dead Sea with options for Masada, St George Monastery, Qumran and the Baptism site in the Jordan River.
After meeting with your private guide you drive up to the Judean Mountains, pass Jerusalem and then descend 1200 meters to the lowest point on earth into the Jordan valley.
On the way we pass the Greek Orthodox Monastery of Saint George and the Inn of Good Samaritan (now a museum of Mosaics). A visit to one of these sites can be included in the itinerary.
We will visit one of the private beaches at the northern tip of the Dead Sea. A a unique combination of wild desert nature, the sea and the famous black mud, where you have the opportunity to float.
You can choose to to continue south and visit one of King Herod's most famous fortresses, Masada and Ein Gedi, the biggest oasis in Israel. In the Judean desert, it has springs, waterfalls and flowing brooks at the foot of the cliffs, home to ibexes and rock hyraxes.
Extra options to visit:
Masada entrance fee NIS 74, child NIS 42, student NIS 63
Qasr al Yahud, Baptismal site, no entrance fee
St. George Monastery, no entrance fee
Qumran National park, where the Dead Sea scrolls were found, entrance fee: NIS 29, child NIS 15
Ein Gedi National Park, Oasis at the Dead Sea, entrance fee: NIS 28, child NIS 14
Inn of the Good Samaritan Museum, entrance fee: NIS 25, student NIS 19, child - NIS 10
- Start: Pick from your hotel in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
- Tour is approximately 9 to 10 hours.
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide and transportation exclusive for you.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Israel.
- Entrance fees are not included.
- Drinks and meals are not included.
- Transportation is included.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
If bookings are full or closed you can call us on 00972 – (0)54 312 12 20 for last minute arrangements.