The Highlights of this tour
- The Temple Mount
- The Western Wall
- The Holy Sepulcher
- The Mount of Olives
- Mount Zion
- Room of the Last Supper
- 4 quarters of the Old City
On the way from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, your guide will tell you about the history of Israel and the Jewish people. After about an hour we arrive at the Mount of Olives where we have a magnificent view over both the Old City of Jerusalem and the real Old City; the City of David.
Next we walk down the Mount of Olives and will visit the Dominus Flevit church and the hundred thousand Jewish graves towards Gethsemane, the place of the kiss of Judas, ,aka the Betrayal of Christ, Judas kiss and the fairy-like Grotto of Mary.
If we are on schedule we have a break and stop for coffee or juice at the All Nations Cafe.
The bus will be waiting for us and bring us back up to the Old City, which we will enter through the Dung Gate before ascending to the Temple Mount, the site of the original Jewish Temples and now the site of the Al Aksa Mosque and the iconic golden Dome of the Rock.
Through the Muslim and Christian quarter we will stop for lunch. Those who want to shop for souvenirs can do so (only) during lunch time.
After lunch we continue through the Jewish quarter, passing the Roman Cardo on the way to Mount Zion where we will visit the Room of the Last Supper.
Next we will visit the Western Wall, aka Wailing Wall or Kotel, the holiest place which Jewish people can visit.
The we will follow the last stations of the Via Dolorosa, aka the Way of the Cross or just "Painfull Way" to the place of the crucifixion of Jesus at Golgotha and the tomb of Jesus at the Holy Sepulcher Church.
Please note: we will NOT enter the tomb. If you want to enter the tomb, you can go to the church during lunch and wait in line, it can take hours, with no guarantee you will be able to enter the tomb before we leave.
On Jewish and Muslim holidays it is NOT possible to visit the Temple Mount.
Changes to the programs are possible due to security or weather conditions.
Booqify is a network of professional tour guides offering a unique and amazing tour that you will not find at the other tour operators. After your booking you will have direct contact with your tour guide, so no negative surprises or fruitless promises.
What makes this tour unique?
- Late departure allows you to enjoy a more relaxed morning.
- Enjoy a personal experience with an excellent licensed guide and a small group of max. 19 people.
- We drive directly to Jerusalem, no stops to switch buses or guides and your guide will speak the whole way about the history of the people that where here to better enjoy the things that you are going to see during the day.
- You will spend the whole day in and around The Old City (this tour does not visit Yad Vashem).
- You will actually visit the Temple Mount (Dome of the Rock, Al Aqsa mosque) instead of only viewing it from afar (note: not possible on Friday and Saturday).
- Guiding in one language, your guide will not switch languages during this tour.
- Enjoy a faster ride back to Tel Aviv because this tour uses the toll road.
- You can use this tour to transfer to Jerusalem with your luggage.
- After pick up there is no switching of buses.
Differences between main TLV-JLM-TLV day tours on Sunday to Thursday:
Departure and return locations Tel Aviv:
9:00 Rothschild 22 ( Aroma Cafe for coffee and breakfast)
9:10 Dizengoff Square, bus stop
9:20 Nordau/Hayarkon, bus stop
9:10-9:30* Mike’s Place, boulevard
9:15-9:40* David Intercontinental Hotel
10.15-10.45* am Light rail stop Ammunition Hill (Giv'at HaTahmoshet).
Please note: if you stay in Jerusalem your tour ends at Jaffa Gate. You can also join the bus and get out along the way but the route is not fixed and can change per day.
*the time depends on which pick up points are used, your guide will update you the day before via email to minimize your waiting time.
- Departure is on time, if you want you can come earlier and drink a cup of coffee / tea at the location
- Price is $125 per person
- Minimum age 10 years
- Good condition, during this tour we walk most of the time.
- The tour is guided by an officially licensed guide from the Ministry of Tourism
- Food and drinks are not included
- Cancellation policy: if you cancel at least 30 days in advance, you will receive 80% refund. If you cancel lees then 30 days for the tour we will offer your tickets and if they are sold you receive 80% refund.
- On Jewish and Muslim holidays it is NOT possible to visit the Temple Mount.
- Changes to the programs are possible due to security or weather conditions.
Please note: if you book after 4pm for the next day you MUST start at 9am at Rothschild Boulevard 22